A Select Committee has been set up by the Australian Senate to look into the Provision of and Access to Dental Services in Australia
The committee would like to hear about people’s lived experiences of accessing dental services in Australia.
However, it is important to note that the committee cannot advise on, advocate for, or take action on individual matters. If you need help or information on the provision of dental services, please see the Support services list below.
Most submissions are published on the committee’s website and continue to be publicly accessible long after the inquiry has ended. However, you can ask the committee not to publish your submission on the internet or to publish it anonymously (without your name).
You can send your written submission to the committee secretariat by emailing email@example.com or by uploading it via the online system.
If are unable to make a written submission, please contact the secretariat to discuss alternatives.
Submissions are due by 4 June 2023.
If you have any questions, or cannot send your submission by the due date and need more time, please contact the committee secretariat.
The secretariat can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6277 3511.
Inquiries from hearing and speech impaired people should be directed to the Parliament House TTY number 02 6277 7799.
If you need help or information on the provision of dental services:
- For information on public dental services in your state or territory, visit the Department of health and Aged Care’s Dental Health page
- For an up-to-date list of what services are provided, and who is eligible, by state and territory, visit the Australian Dental Association’s Government dental care page
- If you have serious concerns about a specific medical or dental practitioner, please visit the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) website
- Ahpra also provides a list of state and territory health complaints organisations for more general complaints
- Consumer rights advocate, Choice provides a list of Useful consumer rights contacts, including Fair Trading entities
Committee Secretariat contact:
Select Committee into the Provision of and Access to Dental Services in Australia
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
This information has been quoted from the Australian Parliament website. You can access it here