We’re here for you …
- If you were placed in Australian orphanages, children’s homes, similar institutions, or foster homes, before 1990
- If you were placed in NSW State care after 1990 and are 26 or over
- If you are affected by past forced adoptions
- If you are thinking of or currently applying to the National Redress Scheme
The impacts of those experiences can remain with you throughout life, but we work with you to develop skills and strategies to help ease the burden of those impacts.
Wattle Place offers:
- Free counselling
- Record searching and family tracing
- Social connection
- Practical support
How can we help you?
Assistance is available to you in person, over the phone, online, or working together with other services. We are able to assist eligible people living anywhere in Australia. Our services are provided free of charge and do not require a referral.
Read more about how we can help, by selecting from the options below.
For people who were placed in · orphanages, children’s homes or similar institutions, or · foster homes and are over 25
For people who are impacted by past Forced Adoptions
For people who are considering or already applying to the National Redress Scheme
A records and family tracing service through which we assist those eligible for our service
Read the Wattle Place booklet
If you’d like to know more, we’ve produced a booklet you may like. It’s called ‘The Secret Everyone should know about’ and we hope you’ll find it useful.Read online (PDF)