Emergency contact numbers if you are affected by floods

We hope you are all keeping safe in this extreme weather, but as we support people around the state and beyond, it is possible some of you may need some assistance.

Here is a list, provided by the SES, of important contact numbers for organisations who may be able to help you if you are affected by flooding. We hope you don’t need them, but it is good to know that this help is available if you need it.

Australian Red Cross – 1800 812 028

Australian Red Cross provides personal support to those affected by the storm.

Housing NSW – 1800 422 322

Housing NSW provides assistance with housing for those affected by the floods and storm.

Disaster Welfare Services – 1800 018 444

Provide disaster relief grants to eligible individuals and families whose homes have been significantly damaged or destroyed. Provides assistance for those with limited financial resources and no insurance.

NSW Small Business – 1300 134 359

Through the Small Biz Connect program small businesses can receive assistance and advice.

SafeWork NSW – 13 10 50

Will replace SafeWork NSW licences at no cost to those affected by the floods.

Services NSW – 13 77 88

Services NSW will replace certificates and drivers licences at no cost to those affected by the storm.

Motor Vehicle Stamp Duty Relief – 1300 139 814

Motorists whose cars have been written off as a result of a natural disaster may be eligible for a stamp duty refund on their replacement vehicle.

Legal Assistance – 1300 888 529

Legal Aid NSW helps people with their legal problems. Legal Aid NSW lawyers can provide free legal advice and minor assistance to people affected by disasters on a range of issues including insurance, tenancy and credit and debt problems.

NSW Fair Trading – 13 32 20

Provide assistance and advice to consumers and business regarding fair and ethical practice. (Including tenants and home owners advice)

Department of Primary Industries – 1300 795 299

Provide assistance with livestock and other animals during floods.

NSW Rural Assistance Authority – 1800 678 593

Provides disaster relief low interest loans of up to $130,000 to eligible primary producers and small businesses, and transport subsidies of up to 50% of the cost to transport livestock or fodder, to eligible primary producers.

Farm Household Support – 1800 050 004

Federal government Department of Human Services provides assistance to farmers and their families facing financial difficulties. Conditions apply.

NSW Health – Mental Health Hotline – 1800 011 511

Lifeline – 13 11 14

24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services

Insurance Council of Australia – Disaster Hotline – 1800 734 621

Helping policyholders if they are uncertain which insurer they are with, or have general inquiries about the claims process

Rural Women’s Network (Department of Primary Industries) – Support services and help lines

The Rural Women’s Network website lists a range of support services and programs. Rural Women’s Network (DPI) – Support services and help lines

Take care and please contact Wattle Place if you need support.